Are you ready for a new kind of roundtable? One that isn’t a complaint session, but a group of minds that enlightens, inspires and encourages? One that offers outside expertise, and practical tools and strategies for the issues most relevant to your work?
Leaders in the arts need dedicated time to reflect and recharge with their peers in the field. If you’re ready for a new type of leadership conversation, this series is for you. Our 2017-2018 series received accolades and a demand for more from the participants.
What We Do
A periodic roundtable conversation devoted to high-level topics affecting your work, your calling, and your industry, such as:
- Strategic planning
- Organizational metrics
- Work/life blend
- Best practices in management
Who We Serve
- Management-level nonprofit arts leaders (staff or board) seeking to strengthen their peer network, and are collaborative thinkers committed to a culture of learning and sharing
- Preference given to representatives of current or recent SVCREATES grantee organizations with <$2M budgets
- Facilitated by Alyssa Byrkit, Consultant in Philanthropy and Development
Why It’s Important
As established creative sector leaders retire and the arts nonprofit model is challenged by the forces of digital culture, demographic shifts, and the changing nature of “creative consumption,” it is important to leverage local talent, prepare the sector for the next generation of audiences, navigate new economic realities, and bridge the past with the future.
What’s Been Done
- Five, 90-minute lunchtime sessions (lunch included) – Plus, one evening salon
- September 13, 2018
- November 15, 2018
- January 24, 2019
- February 21, 2019
- March 14, 2019
- May 2, 2019
- We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-19 SVMindshare series. Check back for information about the 2019-20 series in August 2019.
Please contact Alyssa Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.