Are you ready for a new kind of roundtable? One that isn’t a complaint session, but a group of minds that enlightens, inspires and encourages? One that offers outside expertise, and practical tools and strategies for the issues most relevant to your work? Leaders in the arts need dedicated time to reflect and recharge with their peers in the field. If you’re ready for a new type of leadership conversation, this series is for you. After two successful years in which we received rave reviews from participants, we’re excited to open applications for a third Mindshare series.
What We DoA periodic roundtable conversation devoted to high-level topics affecting your work, your calling, and your industry, such as:
- Strategic planning
- Organizational metrics
- Work/life blend
- Best practices in management
Who We Serve
- Management-level nonprofit arts leaders (staff or board) seeking to strengthen their peer network, and are collaborative thinkers committed to a culture of learning and sharing
- Preference given to representatives of current or recent SVCREATES grantee organizations
- Facilitated by Alyssa Byrkit, Consultant in Philanthropy and Development
Why It’s ImportantAs established creative sector leaders retire and the arts nonprofit model is challenged by the forces of digital culture, demographic shifts, and the changing nature of “creative consumption,” it is important to leverage local talent, prepare the sector for the next generation of audiences, navigate new economic realities, and bridge the past with the future.
What’s Been DoneCompleted two series of SVMindshare. Participants have found the program highly relevant to their work, gained valuable new networks, a better understanding of challenges across artistic disciplines and increased confidence in their leadership capacity.
What’s Next2019-2020 Program SVMindshare includes:
- Five two-hour lunchtime sessions (lunch included) — plus, one evening salon. All sessions meet in downtown San Jose
- Discounted and complimentary tickets to SVCreates workshops and conferences
- Access to personalized coaching
- September 19, 2019, 11 am – 1 pm
- October 17, 2019, 11 am – 1pm
- January 16, 2020, 11 am – 1 pm
- February 27, 2020, 6 pm – 8 pm
- March 19, 2020, 11 am – 1 pm
- May 7, 2020, 11 am – 1 pm