What We Do
We select our region’s finest artists through a competitive process using independent expert panels, and honor these artists with unrestricted cash prizes, promotion, and recognition at the annual SVArts awards celebration.
Who We Serve
We serve Santa Clara County artists across multiple disciplines, as showcased in our SVLaureate Directory. These artists were selected for the quality of their work and their commitment to enriching our community with exhibitions, performances, presentations, and service. Additionally, we serve the broader community by introducing new artists and new artwork to arts lovers, students, and community leaders.
Why It’s Important
Artists contribute socially and culturally to a vibrant and creative community, challenge our hearts and minds, and bring joy, new insights and learning to our lives. We believe they deserve our encouragement, recognition, and financial support.
What’s Been Done
- Celebrated the achievements of over 150 artists since 1991, across a wide range of artistic disciplines, and invested over $400,000 in their work. Meet our 2020 Laureates here.
- Developed SVLaureate Directory to highlight the work of these artists and to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Artist Laureate program in 2015.
- Expanded the annual celebration into SVArts, including a special edition of Content Magazine featuring the Laureates.
- Increased investment in the Content Emerging Artist Awards to provide support to our region’s best up and coming creatives.
Applications will open on October 29, 2021 for the 2022 SVCREATES Content Emerging Artist Awards. Winners will be announced in Spring 2022 and celebrated at the Content Magazine Pick-Up Party in May 2022. The SVLaureates awards program is on hiatus and is anticipated to return in 2023.
- Application Opens: October 29, 2021
- Application Deadline: December 10, 2021
- Application Review: January – February, 2022
- Mid February: All applicants will be notified by email of award status
- May 2022: Public announcement of 2022 SVCreates Content Emerging Artist Awardees
Guidelines and Application Instructions
Click here or on the button below to learn more and read the SVArts Award Program Guidelines.
Please contact Alyssa Erickson, SVCREATES Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.