PurposeThe entire program—Pitch Camp, Pitch Play-Offs, and X Factor Grants—is an investment and professional development opportunity. Our goal is two-fold: to help organizations strengthen messaging (pitch training) and to help organizations experiment with new programs (X Factor Grants).
AwardsThe top four pitches will be awarded $10,000 grants to support the delivery and execution of the idea or concept.
- Nonprofit arts/culture organizations
- For profit cultural organizations
- Individual Artists
- One department of a university or college
- Individuals and organizations must have their home base (primary business office or performance/exhibition venue or facility) located in Santa Clara County
- All organizational budgets levels may apply but preference will be given to organizations with annual budgets under $2 million.
- Funded projects must be completed by June 30, 2020.
Eligible projects include:
- Creative Experiences & Artistic Initiatives: We are open to a range of ideas and creative experiences that you pitch. These can include all forms of art/creativity such as performing arts, visual arts, film, literary, and music. They could be new ideas, an evolution of something you are already doing, or a new element of your core programming.
- Audience Engagement: A hands‐on activity to engage new audiences in a deep and meaningful way.
- Educational Programs: Something that provides significant insight into your art form for adult or youth participants/audiences.
How to ApplyDo not submit applications before August 17th!
Submit a 75-word pitch (a summary of the proposed project) by 5pm on Friday, September 14, 2018 to email@example.com with a subject line that must read “X Factor Arts 2018 Pitch.” Be sure to send the pitch from the e-mail address that is preferred for receiving a reply.
Selected applicants must be available to attend both the Pitch Camp and Play‐Off events.
- Day #1 | Tuesday October 9: A half‐day session that includes a Pitch Camp training session, one‐on‐one pitch mentoring with a coach, and Pitch Semi‐Finals;
- Day #2 | Tuesday, October 16: The Pitch Play‐Offs ‐ finalists pitch to a panel of entrepreneurs during the late afternoon/early evening.
At the Pitch Play-Offs, finalists will present a final pitch to a panel of entrepreneurs on the afternoon/evening of October 16. Four winning projects will be selected.
Finalists win $10,000 – If yours is one of 4 ideas selected, you will receive $10,000 to deliver that project.
If you have questions about the program or the application, please contact: Alyssa Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 998-2787 x204.