What We Do
As “venture culturists,” we steward a portfolio of arts organizations and artists with grants, workshops, coaching and more. We provide unrestricted support to small to mid-size arts organizations each year. We deliver a full calendar of conferences, workshops and brown-bag events on a variety of topics, enhanced by ‘Creative Impact’ grants for experimentation with new strategies. We also provide links to regional arts agencies, professional development, funding opportunities and handouts from conferences and workshops.
Who We Serve
We customize our services for approximately 100 small and mid-sized arts organizations and artists each year and provide a range of opportunities for Silicon Valley’s entire arts ecosystem. Our portfolio reflects the artistic, cultural, and geographic diversity of Santa Clara County.
Why It’s Important
The arts are essential to a vibrant, creative, livable, and economically healthy region. The proliferation of wide-ranging cultural, ethnic, and traditional arts is a hallmark of Silicon Valley’s cultural landscape. Accordingly, we have made supporting and nurturing the institutional capacity and artistic excellence of innovative arts organizations paramount to the fulfillment of our mission. It is particularly vital that we help the local arts community remain resilient as it continues to face shifts in the demographics and economic climate of Silicon Valley.
What’s Been Done
- Awarded over $10M in operating and project grants.
- Produced and delivered dozens of conferences, workshops and roundtable discussions.
- Strengthened the marketing, fundraising, and administrative capacity of over 300 arts organizations and artists.
- A series of grant programs, workshops and conferences are planned for 2018.
- Check out our website or sign up for our weekly email blasts to hear about our next learning or funding opportunity.