PurposeThe entire program—Pitch Camp, Pitch Play-Offs, and X Factor Grants—is an investment and professional development opportunity. Our goal is two-fold: to help organizations strengthen messaging (pitch training) and to help organizations experiment with new programs (X Factor Grants).
AwardsThe top four pitches will be awarded $10,000 grants to support the delivery and execution of the idea or concept. Click here to learn more about our 2017 X Factor Arts Award Winners. Nine finalists will now advance to the X Factor Arts Pitch-Offs on October 16 where the top four contenders will receive $10,000 to bring their ideas to life.
2018 X FACTOR ARTS AWARD WINNERS:
- Ray Furuta & Chamber Music Silicon Valley (CMSV)
- Teatro Visión
- San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA)
- POW! WOW! San Jose
- Nonprofit arts/culture organizations
- For profit cultural organizations
- Individual Artists
- One department of a university or college
- Individuals and organizations must have their home base (primary business office or performance/exhibition venue or facility) located in Santa Clara County
- All organizational budgets levels may apply but preference will be given to organizations with annual budgets under $2 million.
- Funded projects must be completed by June 30, 2020.
Eligible projects include:
- Creative Experiences & Artistic Initiatives: We are open to a range of ideas and creative experiences that you pitch. These can include all forms of art/creativity such as performing arts, visual arts, film, literary, and music. They could be new ideas, an evolution of something you are already doing, or a new element of your core programming.
- Audience Engagement: A hands‐on activity to engage new audiences in a deep and meaningful way.
- Educational Programs: Something that provides significant insight into your art form for adult or youth participants/audiences.
How to ApplyThe application period for the 2018 X Factor Arts Grants has closed. Check back in August 2019 for updates on X Factor 2019!
If you have questions about the program, please contact: Alyssa Erickson, email@example.com, (408) 998-2787 x204.