OverviewSVCREATES Local Arts Grants, offered in partnership with the County of Santa Clara, provide general operating support for small and mid-sized nonprofit arts organizations that:
- Demonstrate artistic quality while reflecting the dynamic, diverse, and innovative character of Santa Clara County
- Positively impact the County’s cultural ecosystem through active and sustained engagement with audiences, volunteers, and artists
- Pursue organizational sustainability in service to the local community
Application Deadline2020 Local Arts Grants Applications have closed. Funded organizations are listed at the bottom of this page.
Application and Funding CycleThe grant term for 2020 Local Arts Grants is July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
- Check back in Spring 2021 for updated grant information and application requirements.
Eligibility1. Purpose: The organization’s primary purpose must be the performance, production, or presentation of arts and cultural activities that are open and accessible to all.
2. Geography: The organization’s home base (primary business office or performance/exhibition venue/facility) must be located in Santa Clara County and the majority of your arts programming (performances, presentations, exhibitions) must take place in Santa Clara County.
3. History: The organization must have been performing, producing or presenting in Santa Clara County a minimum of 3-years prior to the term of the grant.
4. Size: The organization’s budget (total expenses of last completed fiscal year) must not exceed $2.5 million (exclusive of in-kind).
5. Tax Status: The organization must be a California non-profit corporation with a 501c3 tax-exempt certification.
- Applicants with annual budgets under $300,000 may use a fiscal sponsor with 501c3 tax-exempt status.
- Applicants with budgets over $300,000 must be 501c3 nonprofits.
- For-profit organizations are not eligible.
- Institutions of primary and secondary education are not eligible.
- Local governments are not eligible.
- Universities and colleges are limited to providing fiscal sponsorship for one arts program only. Grants may not support operating costs for the university or college, but must be applied to program and overhead costs of the applying entity.
- Grants may not be applied toward support for political or religious purposes, fundraisers for other organizations or causes, capital improvements, the purchase of equipment or real property, or projects already completed.
How to ApplyThe LAG application and supporting materials are submitted online through SVCREATES online grant portal.
2020 LAG Grantees
Abhinaya Dance Company of San Jose
Alliance for Youth Achievement
American Beethoven Society
Art Docents of Los Gatos
California Bach Society
Cambodian American Resource Agency
Cashion Cultural Legacy
Center for Literary Arts
Chamber Music Silicon Valley
City Lights Theater Company of San Jose
College of Adaptive Arts
Cupertino-Toyokawa Sister Cities Committee
Dynamics Performance Team
Golden State Youth Orchestra
Kaisahan of San Jose Dance Company
Los Altos Stage Company
Los Gatos Museum Association/New Museum
Luna Park Arts Foundation
MACLA/Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino American
Mission Chamber Orchestra of San Jose
NoonArts and Lectures
Northside Theatre Company
Nova Vista Symphony
Orchard City Community Chorus
Pacific Art League of Palo Alto
Palo Alto Art Center Foundation
Palo Alto Chamber Orchestra
Palo Alto Philharmonic
Palo Alto Players
Peninsula Clef Hangers
Peninsula Symphony of Northern California
Peninsula Women’s Chorus
Peninsula Youth Theatre
Poetry Center San Jose
Quadre Music Group
Rainbow Women’s Chorus
Resounding Achord Productions
Russian House Kedry
San Jose Chamber Music Society
San Jose Chamber Orchestra
San Jose Choral Project
San Jose Dance Theatre
San Jose Downtown Foundation
San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
San Jose Jazz
San Jose Multicultural Artists Guild
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
San Jose Stage Company
San Jose Taiko
San Jose Youth Shakespeare
San Jose Youth Symphony
Santa Clara Chorale
Santa Clara Valley Fiddlers Association
School of Visual Philosophy
Silicon Valley African Film Festival
Silicon Valley Shakespeare
South Bay Guitar Society
South Bay Musical Theatre
Steinway Society The Bay Area
Teatro Visión de San José
The Audacity Performing Arts Project
The New Ballet
The Pear Theatre
The Tabard Theatre Company
Triton Museum of Art
Vivace Youth Chorus of San Jose
Voices of Silicon Valley
West Bay Opera Association