What We Do
The program is committed to creating a supportive, nurturing, and collaborative environment for emerging creative leaders and to building a leadership pipeline that will contribute to the success and sustainability of small- and mid-sized arts organizations in the region.
Who We Serve
genARTS Silicon Valley empowers creative individuals and emerging arts leaders through advocacy training, career development, and unique networking opportunities.
Why It’s Important
As established creative sector leaders retire and the arts nonprofit model is challenged by the forces of digital culture, demographic shifts, and the changing nature of “creative consumption,” it is important to leverage local talent, prepare the sector for the next generation of audiences, navigate new economic realities, and bridge the past with the future.
What’s Been Done
- Produced annual Creative Conversations that gathered community leaders to discuss issues important to the sector.
- Hosted annual Movers & Shakers events that acknowledged and celebrated emerging arts leaders.
- Provided professional development and financial support for individuals attending national conferences.
- Hosted quarterly Power Brunches with arts sector experts to foster career development and civic engagement.
- Advocacy 101 Part I – the first in a two-part training workshop series on arts advocacy in honor of the upcoming election year.
- Awarded Emerging Artist Grants for designing projects that address local challenges.
- Launched a new website!
- Grants 101: Understanding the Grants Process – an engaging, interactive advocacy workshop designed by Ron Muriera, Vice President on the board of California Arts Advocates and Californians for the Arts. Participants in this session will learn the essential basics of writing effective grant proposals on Saturday, March 30th at Mexican Heritage Plaza in San Jose.
- Continuation of the quarterly Power Brunches. Upcoming dates are April 21, June 7, and September 22 for 2019.
- A series of professional development scholarships, grant opportunities, and workshops.
- Member discounts and special access to local institutions and events. Become a genARTS member.
Photo Credit: David Ho