What We Do
We developed the ArtsEdConnect technology platform and in partnership with Silicon Valley Education Foundation, we award mini-grants to teachers who are “shopping” for creative opportunities for their students. ArtsEdConnect is a web-enabled “marketplace” for Silicon Valley teachers to access local arts education opportunities through a “qualitative matchmaking process.”
Who We Serve
We serve K-12 private and public school teachers and their students across Silicon Valley and the artists and organizations that we are “match making.”
Why It’s Important
Research concludes that engagement in arts and creativity sparks a passion for learning, fuels imagination, and builds relevant skills. ArtsEdConnect comes at a time when public funding for arts education is trending downward and helps to bridge that “opportunity gap” by increasing access to arts education and funding for teachers and their students.
What’s Been Done
- Launched ArtsEdConnect site in 2012
- Secured Warmenhoven Family Foundation annual investment of $100,000 and County of Santa Clara’s annual investment of $50,000
- Awarded nearly $500,000 in mini-grants to teachers
- Provided arts education opportunities for about 40,000 students
- Fall Grants were awarded in the fall of 2018 and Spring grants are in process.
- The next cycle of grants will open in Fall of 2019.