OverviewWelcome to the 2020 Local Arts Grants application process. Local Arts Grants provide general operating support for small and mid-sized nonprofit arts organizations that:
- Demonstrate artistic quality while reflecting the dynamic, diverse, and innovative character of Santa Clara County
- Positively impact the County’s cultural ecosystem through active and sustained engagement with audiences, volunteers, and artists
- Pursue organizational sustainability in service to the local community
Application DeadlineFriday, April 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm (Pacific)
Application and Funding CycleThe grant term for 2020 Local Arts Grants is July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021.
- February 7, 2020 | Grant application opens on the SVCREATES online grant portal
- April 3, 2020 | Deadline for all applications
- May – June 2020 | Panel review sessions
- July 2020 | Grant award notifications sent by email
Funding LevelsAs of 2019, all applications are reviewed by “funding level.” Your organization’s funding level is determined by your total operating budget for the last completed fiscal year. This marks a change from previous grant cycles when applications were reviewed by “focus area.” You will not be required to select a focus area.
Your funding level also determines your maximum grant request.
Funding Level 1
- Total expenses $8,000 to $99,999. Maximum request $4,000.
- Organizations with total expenses less than $8,000 may request 50% of total expenses for the past fiscal year.
- Total expenses $100,000 to $299,999. Maximum request $5,500.
- Total expenses $300,000 to $999,999. Maximum request $9,000.
- Total expenses $1 million to $2.5 million. Maximum request $10,000.
Click here to learn more and apply today!