|Date:||Thursday, September 8, 2016|
|Location:||School of Arts & Culture
at Mexican Heritage Plaza
1700 Alum Rock Avenue, San Jose 95116
Scholarships are available.
Navigating the unique Silicon Valley cultural scene requires a particular approach and set of skills. Funding work and managing organizations requires innovation, collaboration, an ability to leverage resources, and a sharp focus on financial management. Please join SVCREATES for a series of sessions on building fundraising capacity, structuring development efforts, and managing financial resources. Designed specifically for nonprofit arts groups, topics will include: understanding financial statements and using them to tell an organization’s story to donors; crafting a simple development plan and fundraising program; stewarding donors to increase giving; understanding generational differences in donor populations; and making the ask.
Presenters will include:
- Dan Moors – Partner, Armanino LLP
- Melissa Brown – Principal, Melissa S. Brown & Associates
- Alyssa Byrkit – Principal, Philanthropy & Development
- Chris Wilder – CEO, VMC Foundation
- Heather Lerner – Executive Director, Happy Hollow Foundation
- Jennifer Andaluz – Co-Founder and Executive Director, Downtown College Prep
The conference will conclude with the announcement of a grant application opportunity for help with fundraising, development planning, piloting donor programs, and other innovative ideas for increasing contributed revenue and improving donor stewardship.Presentations and handouts from this event are now available.
Thank you to our event sponsors: